Registration and facilities
Is at Great Missenden just off the A413. There is a carpark and toilets just off the A413 at the A4128 junction. Turn left (if you are coming from Chalfont) off the A413 onto the A4128 and you’ll see the Car park. Registration will be there.
Remember to give yourself plenty of time to register and set yourself up. The start is just a few yards from this area.
The course :
Bascially for those of you unfamiliar with the course, it’s not quite a straight out and back course. You’ll actually pass the finish line on the opposite side of the road, before making your final turn back to the finish. Apart from a few yards at the start, the whole race takes place on the A413. Remember although this is an early start, there are plenty of roundabouts so keep your wits about you when crossing these, especially at the turns. Again keep your head up to watch out for those pot holes
Here is the course description, unfortunately after scouring the Internet I was unable to find a map. Mileage is given after each description.
- Start on Aylesbury road Great Missenden opposite a drain, approx 80 yards from the junction with the A413 at the northern end of the Great Missenden by-pass.
- Proceed to A413 where turn left (CARE) (MI) to the roundabout at the southern end of the Wendover by-pass. 3.11 miles
- Take the second exit (N12). still on A413 to the roundabout at the junction of A413 and A4010. 4.77 miles
- Circle roundabout (M3.4.5) and retrace on A413 to the roundabout at the southern end of the Wendover by-pass. 6.46 miles
- Take the second exit (M6) on A413 and continue to the roundabout at the junction with the Link Road at Great Missenden 10.14 miles
- Continue on A413 through the double roundabout (M7,8) to the roundabout at Shardeloes. 14.2 miles
- Circle roundabout (M9,10) and retrace on A413 to the roundabout at the junction of A413 and 18.2 miles
- Continue through double roundabouts (M 11,12) still on A4I3 to the roundabout at the southern end of the Wendover by-pass. 21.98 miles
- Circle roundabout (13,14) and retrace on A413 to FINISH on A413 at a point 3 yards beyond the triangular right turn sign into Aylesbury road Great Missenden and 18yds before a sign A4128 closed to vehicles over 25 Tonnes. 25 miles
Forecast to be 19 C that day but with a chilly start of around 6c , although the sun is forecast to be out, hopefully will warm up by the time we set off.
I will be there Sunday, not sure if I will be riding as am carrying a bit of an injury. But at the very least will be there to cheer you all on.
Any questions feel free to contact me. Good luck.
Willesden TT Sec