This section will be developed during 2023 to contain many of the routes used by the club on Sunday club runs. The plan is to develop a library of carefully checked routes so that all members know about the club run distance, terrain and cafè stop destination in advance.
Guide for Sunday ride leaders.
All club runs start 9.00 promptly.
Rides 40-50 miles.
30-40 minute café stop.
Return to start at 13:30
Let’s avoid major hills unless you can justify that it’s unavoidable on the route, provides a great view on the summit or gives a rewarding descent. Remember we are trying to encourage everyone to ride. Potentially you could make the rider shorter if it is very hilly (1,000m)
Choose quietest roads as possible and a nice cafe stop.
Aim to get the route to have between 350-700 metres of climbing
Preferred starting points
- Little Chalfont – Snells Wood Car Park – Junction of A404 and Cokes Lane HP7 9QA
- Rickmansworth Aquadrome Car Park – WD3 1NB
- Amersham Station (Multi storey car park) – HP6 5AZ
- Great Missenden – Car Park on Link Road (9.30 start here please as an exception to the rule) – HP16 9AE
- Chesham – Car Park at open air swimming pool HP5 1SF
- Beaconsfield – On the RHS of the road at Windsor End – HP9 2JN (Check timing of any events on at Beaconsfield Rugby Club at the end of the road.
- Shane’s Nursery (Outside on grass area) – A40 at Denham, park in village – UB9 4EA