Women’s Road Riding Coaching Day – Hillingdon Cycle Circuit – October 15th
www.SheCycles.com and the Surrey League have joined forces to offer a series of women’s specific cycle coaching sessions throughout the winter. The first of these women’s sessions will be held on Sunday 15th October from 9.30am to 4.30pm and will feature a full day of coaching and advice, based at the Hillingdon cycle circuit, which is closed to cars and will be used exclusively by SheCycles for the day.
The aim of the sessions is to give women both the knowledge and technical skills to make them comfortable riding a road bike for commuting, training and potentially even racing. At the first session there will be an opportunity to meet a range of female friendly experts who will help you get the most out of your bike and your body, these will include:
- John Leitch, a fully qualified BCF coach, who will provide coaching for the ride sessions. John has worked tirelessly to encourage women of all standards, ages and backgrounds to improve their cycling experience and ability
- CycleFit the best human to bicycle fitting service in Europe will give you a free mini consultation to check your position and set up and give you advice to improve your ride comfort and efficiency
- Mel Alwood a qualified female bike mechanic will show you how to look after your bike so that it looks after you!
- Karen Burt a specialist yoga instructor will demonstrate essential stretches that will help stay strong and ease any post riding aches and pains
- Steve Ellis, a qualified sports masseur, will show you how to look after yourself after riding and give you a feel for how the professionals are treated
- Helen Ellis, the membership secretary of the WCRA, who support women in all disciplines of cycling, will talk to you about training and how to get into racing
- Helen Biggerstaff from the CTC will be on hand to talk about what they do to make enjoyable, safe and welcoming for all
The day will include sessions both on and off the bike and there will be plenty of time to get to know the other riders, enjoy a healthy lunch, chat informally to the experts and meet the SheCycles team.
Summary of the day:
Date/Timing: Sunday 15th October from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Where: Hillingdon Cycle Circuit, Springfield Road, Hayes, Middlesex (parallel to A312 Hayes By-Pass which links Junction 3 on the M4 Motorway and the A40/M40)
How much: £10 to include lunch, tea/coffee and cake
Why: To meet other cyclists, improve your riding skills and earn cake 8o)
Places will be limited so please book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women’s Coaching day is brought to you by www.SheCycles.com in conjunction with the Surrey League www.surreyleague.co.uk who aim to provide a full year’s cycle racing for all categories of riders, especially at grass root level.