Sunday, 26th April 2015 – 13.30 to 17.30
Hillingdon Cycle Circuit
£4.00 per rider
Aimed mainly for 4th Cat riders these sessions are aimed at anyone planning to race in any Surrey League events during 2015. However these sessions are also ideal for those just wanting to hone their racing skills. The sessions are open to both male and female riders from 14 years upwards.
The Curriculum will include:
- A World Class warm up. You can warm up on circuit or use your turbo or rollers if you prefer.
- Group riding skills: (Basic) Maintaining your position, close quarters riding, manouvering through the bunch.
- Cornering: Line choice, gear selection, entry and exit speed, body position on the bike, eye-line. Optimum line and enforced change of line due to others.
- Group riding skills: (Advanced) Working efficiently in smaller groups, breaks, chases etc. TTTs and “Thru & Offs”, pace lines/chaingangs, close wheel-to-wheel riding.
- Sprinting: Good technique, holding a line etc. Sprint drills to take away.
- Coach-led races: ‘Mock’race scenarios and tactics to practice the coaching points.
- Classroom session. This gives the riders advice on WHAT and HOW to train for racing.
- Feedback & Q & A
In short, the curriculum includes all the essential elements you will to fulfill to enter the 2015 Surrey League series of events (you must attend two sessions to be race-ready).
There will be two groups for some of the segments. One group who have attended their first Race Preparation Session and another group for those for whom this is their first session.
The time table for the afternoon is as follows
13.15 Sign on.
Note: A Parent Consent Form will be required for all U18s
These sessions will be run by –
Development Coach Central Region
For further details and on-line entry – please click here