Mark Brooking and Jane Moore saddled up on the Longborrow and aimed for a record or two, or more.
Here is Mark’s report –
Twenty years on from the last 12 hour I rode and with with zero speed training the heavyweight man and machine came up trumps!
At the start there were two gents of similar vintage on a standard tandem. They lasted less than 3 hours.
So Mark Brooking and Jane Moore stuck it out to –
1. Record 206.95miles and become VTTA National 12 hour champions.
2. Also won the tandem event
3. Can claim a Willesden club record as previous stoker was from
4. I think it might also be a national VTTA best for 54/47 age
5. It is a best for the London and home counties group as they have
no tandem trike figures recorded. Jim Burghin will know more
about that than I do.
Some pictures from the event attached.