One of our newest members seems to be riding events at weekends whilst others are still trying to shake of the effects of the social season or recent colds.
Ed Packard rode in the Middlesex Road 10 mile time trial at Aldermarston on Saturday and recorded a 24.38 in spite of the punishing headwind. He was joined by Brian Moon who finished in 28.30. On Sunday he rode in the Colchester Rovers 25 and returned in 1.6.57.
Meanwhile the older section of the club met at Aylesford for their annual luncheon. This year Prof. Ken Howard R.A. and his wife Dora were able to attend together with members from Chester, Calne,St. Albans and eight of the club’s life members from the London area.
Sadly, Ben Eley(aged 93),one of the club’s oldest members,who regularly attended the luncheon and still continued with aerobic classes until a month, ago died last week. His contribution to the club’s activities will be sorely missed.
Hope to have good weather for the Easter weekend and that our riders come out to see the Easter Bunny and don’t eat too many Easter Eggs.
- Bike books want a good home
- Digger Baulch – a tribute from his Leicestershire clubmates
- Digger Baulch
- A Virtual Reliability Ride
- RIDE 500km IN 8 DAYS FROM XMAS EVE TO NEW YEAR’S EVE FOR CHARITY
- Pictures of the 1950 Willesden Dinner
- Chance encounter with the daughter of a longtime member, Fred Everett
- 2020 Willesden CC Mini-Golf Championship & RAF Memorial ride
- Bicycle Polo
- Charity Rides
- Circuit Racing
- Club Digest
- Club History
- Club Kit
- Club Runs
- For Sale
- GO ride
- Hill climb
- Hillingdon Cycle Circuit
- Mountain Biking
- Road Racing
- Time trials
- Top 10 Results
- Website News