The club holds regular Sunday club runs throughout the year. Rides are for club members and for those considering whether to join.
More about club runs, how to get involved and what they are all about.
Club runs are social rides, not races or training. Depending on the time of year, we ride between 50-80 miles on a Sunday. We’re usually back at the start point by around 15:00 or 16:00, though this can vary as we are out to enjoy ourselves.
Unless otherwise notified, all runs start from Shane’s nursery , Denham, UB9 4EA, on the A40, just west of Uxbridge and the west side of Denham roundabout. Prospective members are welcome to join us to experience a couple of club runs before deciding whether to join us and live the dream. Meet at 09.25 for 09.30 departure.
Occasionally we have a Special Ride – round London, or round the Olympic Road Race course, or to Oxford and back. These rides will be advertised through the blog on this site.
Recommendations for club runs
- Remember you are advertising the club
- Please wear club kit if you have it
- Wear a helmet
- Observe the rules of the road.
- Observe the instructions of the Club Captain and/or any Vice-Captains.
- Carry suitable kit for anticipated inclement weather.
- Remember club runs are not races.
- Do not ‘drop’ your clubmates who are slower riders.
- Carry sufficient food and drink
- Use mudguards when appropriate
- Carry two inner tubes, tyre levers, pump, puncture outfit, tyre gaiter, multitool, and chain tool.